Dearest, très chères ...
I am food passionated, and I look for the best places all over the world for specific food. Let me share with you this last few months of "intense" research and enjoyable tasting expriences in San Francisco:
- Dynamo: best Donuts ever with a little twist, like geranium or rose with vanilla etc. always cooked with the perfect timing, not over cooked and not too soft, it's an unbelievable perfection of taste. It deserves to be tried, unless you're scared to get addicted! http://www.dynamodonut.com, 2760 24th St
- AQ: the best Hamburger I've ever tasted in the US. no sauce, home made bread, fresh vegetables and bacon perfectly crispy, what else can you ask for! In France we don't use much sauce, as we like "natural" cooked flavor and we beleive sauces should be added with parsimony. http://aq-sf.com/, 1085 Mission St
- Great Eastern: I've lived in Hong Kong, but this Dim Sum is just so fresh. The taste is unique, even Barack Obama has come here for lunch. This is more than good... http://www.yelp.com/biz/great-eastern-restaurant-san-francisco 649 Jackson St
- Chinese Mission Food: Every fancy one in SF has talked about this "hidden" address, and it definitely deserves it, ultra tasty with a little European/chinese/american twist, relax place http://missionchinesefood.com/, 2234 Mission St
- Zazie: after 4 hours of intense bicycling (up and down in San Francisco) we had the most delicious eggs and pancakes of the city. Wait for a table on the back in the garden. http://www.zaziesf.com/, 941 Cole St
Enjoy and give us your feedback and your best addresses we'll share them too!